In preparing the history of Orangeburg Presbyterian Church materials have been gathered from many sources. Much use has been made of a history of the Church written in 1896 by Ruhng Elder John A. Hamilton. Recourse was also had to the Minutes of General Assembly, the History of the Presbyterian Church in South Carolina since 1850, edited by Drs, F. D. Jones and W. H. Mills, the historical data compiled by the Woman’s Auxiliary, and the memory of persons now (1935) living.
This page provides a roll of Captain Brooks Company in the Company of old Ninety-Six Boys, Company D, Palmetto Regiment, Mexican War. Includes casualty list with location and cause.