Note: Fort Keowee as it was commonly called in the 1800’s is now known by the name Fort Prince George. A fort on the borders of the nation, or in the nation, had long been desired by the traders and settlers, and even by some of the best disposed Indians themselves. As early, even, as 1734, the importance of such a fort had been recognized in Charleston: but its erection had been put off, from time to time. And the colonists, instead of building the fort themselves, had petitioned the Parliament of Great Britain build it. After years of...Read More
Edgefield County is part of the South Carolina AHGP.